Monday, July 11, 2016

Side tracked to another Christmas Secret

Ok.....The Mystery Doily for my hubby has been on
hold.  I will try to work on it tonight and some 
tomorrow, but I have to be careful cuz' he could
come home any time(frustrating).
So....I have this gift for my best friend, Doris.  It 
is a one of a kind large suncatcher.  The brass type
ring is 8 inches across.  The center flower type 
bead is acrylic and it's orange.  The oval type 
beads are a darker orange and they are heavy 
glass beads.  The thread is size 20 Lizbeth 
Falling Leaves.
I tatted this center part yesterday.
 Here is a close-up.  
 And I just finished tatting the second round today.
These two sections were inspired by Mary Konior's 
Carnival motif in Tatting with Visual Patterns.
 And here is a close-up.  This is a total challenge 
to tat with such heavy beads and floppiness(new 
word).  The center flower bead actually is free to 
rotate in the center(except when the tatting gets 
in the way.  It will not lie flat due to the thickness 
of the oval glass beads, but I don't think that will 
matter when stretched and attached to the ring.
Well, I guess I had better try to make more progress 
on that doily, there's only 167 days left till Christmas!
Happy tatting everyone!!!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous !!!!
    Instead of holding the beads with paper clips, how about measuring the long picot & then loading the beads with a crochet hook just before you need to join there ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you muskaan!!! :) That's a great idea, but the second round was joining those beads and it was so hard to keep everything in place due to the added weight. Either way, it's done. I am trying to figure out what I am going to do for the next round. :)

    ReplyDelete