Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Start of next Christmas secret

This may look familiar to some, but the 
center will confuse them.
This is the Mystery Doily by Patty Dowden 
pattern here:
And my inspiration here:
I started and got to the second repeat when I realized
that I should have highlighted the spot in 
the directions that say I should have started
with the last ring of the top 6, but I thought, 
oh well, I will have to figure out the final 
joins.......until, I realized that I messed up the
second "S" chain and would have to untat
6 small rings on top, then an "S" chain,
and then 4 more small rings just to get
to the mistake(NO THANKS!!!).
So...I started again, but 5 repeats in 
I realize that I missed the fact of joining
the center rings properly.  Since I only have 
limited amount of the hand dyed thread
size 40 Yarnplayer's Lilac Sea
I decided  not to start again, but to join 
the center by chains of 2ds each.
When blocked it should look ok.
The complimenting color is
size 40 Lizbeth Lilac Med.
This now has to go into hiding, and I have to get 
housework finished.
Have a wonderful day and hopefully
lots of tatting too!!!  :)

6 comments:

  1. I like your solution to joining the center :-)
    This doily is been on my to-tat list, too, for this year. I will follow & enjoy your journey ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment on the joining of the center!!! :) I wish I could have figured something more appealing, but I just wanted it done and that came to mind.
    This doily has been on my list since 2013 when Jon Yusoff showed her beautiful tatted piece!!! :) Since I got these colors I knew immediately which colors and doily were going together!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect solution to the difficulty of the missing joins! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Śliczna serwetka.Pozdrawiam serdecznie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much Malgorzata P !!! :)

    ReplyDelete